|February 6, 2020: Donald Trump was acquitted by the U.S. Senate of two charges. Bernie Sanders raised $25 million in January.
Notable Quote of the Day
“Here’s the real wakeup call for Democrats, coming out of Iowa: We can’t put our heads in the sand and ignore the middling turnout, in a time of bonafide historic upheaval.
If Democrats don’t put together an unprecedented get-out-the-vote effort in 2020, far exceeding anything from the past, we are setting ourselves up for failure. “
– Jeff Biggers, Salon
Iowa Caucus Results
The Iowa Democratic Party has released results from 97 percent of precincts. Pete Buttigieg leads Bernie Sanders by 0.1% in state delegate equivalents, while Sanders tops the final raw vote.
- Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Tom Steyer, and Andrew Yang participated in CNN town halls on Wednesday night.
- Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, Bernie Sanders, and Deval Patrick will participate in CNN town halls on Thursday night.
- Michael Bennet, Tulsi Gabbard, Patrick, and Yang are speaking at the College Costs & Debt forum in Durham, New Hampshire, on Thursday.
- Rep. Jared Golden (Maine) endorsed Bennet on Thursday, giving Bennet his first congressional endorsement.
- The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, which represents 775,000 active and retired electrical workers, endorsed Biden on Wednesday. Adrienne Bogen, Biden’s Iowa field director, is departing from the campaign.
- Rep. Juan Vargas (Calif.) endorsed Michael Bloomberg on Wednesday.
- Klobuchar released her final ad in New Hampshire on Tuesday, “It’s About You,” as part of a television and digital ad buy in the state.
- Warren shared a digital ad featuring President Barack Obama complimenting her on her consumer policy.
- The Sanders campaign announced on Thursday that it had raised $25 million in January, more than any other Democratic candidate raised in a single quarter in 2019.
What We’re Reading
Flashback: February 6, 2016
Jeb Bush, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Marco Rubio, and Donald Trump debated in New Hampshire.