President Joe Biden (D) announced his intent to nominate two individuals to federal circuit courts on Dec. 23:
- Nancy Gbana Abudu, to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- J. Michelle Childs, to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
To date, Biden has nominated 73 individuals to Article III federal judgeships. Forty of the nominees have been confirmed. There were 67 Article III vacancies in the federal judiciary as of Dec. 23.
- Current federal judicial vacancies
- Judicial vacancies in federal courts
- Judicial vacancies during the Biden administration