The U.S. Senate confirmed three of President Joe Biden’s (D) federal judicial nominees on Feb. 1 to lifetime Article III judgeships on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio:
- Bridget Brennan, by a vote of 61-35.
- David A. Ruiz, by a vote of 62-35.
- Charles Fleming, by a vote of 56-42.
Biden nominated Stephanie Dawkins Davis to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit on Feb. 2 to replace Judge Helene White, who will assume senior status upon the confirmation of her successor. Currently, Davis is a judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She was nominated to that court by President Donald Trump (R) and confirmed by the U.S. Senate in 2019.
Since taking office, Biden has nominated 82 individuals to federal judgeships on Article III courts. To date, 45 of the nominees have been confirmed.
- The Federal Judicial Vacancy Count 2/1/2022
- Judicial vacancies during the Biden administration
- Federal judges nominated by Joe Biden
- Judicial vacancies in federal courts
- Current federal judicial vacancies