The statewide primary for Wisconsin is on Feb. 21, 2023. The filing deadline to run was on Jan. 3. Candidates are running in elections for the following offices:
- Wisconsin State Senate District 8
- Wisconsin Supreme Court – Justice Patience Roggensack’s seat
- Ballotpedia is also covering local elections in the following areas:
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The primaries for Wisconsin Court of Appeals District I, Wisconsin Court of Appeals District IV, and Milwaukee County Circuit Court were canceled after fewer than three candidates filed for each election. The primaries for DeForest Area School District, Madison Metropolitan School District, McFarland School District, Middleton-Cross Plains School District, Milwaukee Public Schools, Sun Prairie Area School District, and Verona Area School District were canceled due to a lack of opposition.
Candidates are competing to advance to the general election scheduled for April 4, 2023. Wisconsin’s primary is the 2nd to take place in the 2023 election cycle. The next primary is on May 16 in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.
- List of mayors of the 100 largest cities
- Wisconsin state legislative special elections, 2023
- Wisconsin elections, 2023