The nonpartisan general for Milwaukee Board of School Directors in Wisconsin is on April 4, 2023. The Feb. 21 primary was canceled due to a lack of opposition. The filing deadline to run was on Jan. 3.
Candidates are competing for five of nine seats. The candidates are:
- Jeff Spence and Missy Zombor – At-large
- Incumbent Marva Herndon and Shandowlyon Hendricks Reaves – District 1
- Incumbent Erika Siemsen – District 2
- Gabi Hart and Darryl Jackson – District 3
- Incumbent Megan O’Halloran – District 8
Wisconsin voters can register by mailing a form to the local municipal clerk. An individual can also register in person at the municipal clerk’s office. If registering by mail, the application must be postmarked no later than 20 days before the election. In-person registration must be completed by 5 p.m. on the Friday before Election Day. Same-day voter registration is also available, as long as the registrant provides proof of residency at the polls.
Milwaukee Public Schools served 75,539 students during the 2017-2018 school year.