The nonpartisan general for seven school districts in Wisconsin was on April 4, 2023. The Feb. 21 primary was canceled in all districts due to a lack of opposition. The filing deadline to run was on Jan. 3.
Candidates competed to serve on the school board of education in seven districts. The districts and results are below:
- DeForest Area School District Board of Education
- Village of Windsor (two seats): Both Incumbents Megan Taylor and Gail Lovick won re-election with 51.2% and 48.0% of the vote, respectively.
- Town of Burke: Incumbent Linda Leonhart ran unopposed.
- Madison Metropolitan School District Board of Education
- Seat 6: Blair Feltham defeated Badri Lankella with 56.2% of the vote to Lankella’s 43.8%.
- Seat 7: Incumbent Nicki Vander Meulen ran unopposed.
- McFarland School District School Board
- At-large: Incumbent Craig Howery ran unopposed.
- Middleton-Cross Plains School District Board of Education
- Area II (two seats): Incumbents Catherine Kells and Bob Green won re-election with 49.9% and 49.0% of the vote, respectively.
- Area III: Incumbent Tabitha Hansen ran unopposed.
- Area IV (two seats): Marni Ginsberge ran unopposed.
- Milwaukee Board of School Directors
- At-large: Missy Zombor defeated Jeff Spence with 60.4% of the vote to Spence’s 39.6%.
- District 1: Incumbent Marva Herndon defeated Shandowlyon Hendricks Reaves with 59.1% of the vote to Hendricks Reaves’ 40.9%.
- District 2: Incumbent Erika Siemsen ran unopposed.
- District 3: Darryl Jackson defeated Gabi Hart with 60.4% of the vote to Hart’s 39.6%.
- District 8: Incumbent Megan O’Halloran ran unopposed.
- Sun Prairie Area Board of Education
- At-large (two seats): Katey Kamoku and Lisa Goldsberry defeated Incumbents Carol Albright and Tom Weber with 29.2% and 26.3% of the vote, respectively. Albright received 22.6% of the vote, while Weber received 21.8%.
- Verona Area School District Board of Education
- At-large (two seats): Both Incumbents John Porco and Korbey White won re-election with 52.2% and 46.9% of the vote, respectively.
- Portion 3: Juan Carlos Medina ran unopposed.
Of the seven school districts, Milwaukee Public Schools is the largest by population of students served. It served 75,539 students during the 2017-2018 school year.