Both of the candidates running in the Aug. 29, 2023, Democratic primary runoff election for Mississippi House of Representatives District 66 — Roshunda Harris-Allen (D) and Fabian Nelson (D) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “My purpose as a public official is to educate, advocate, and provide resources to the community I serve.
- My goal is for us to work together to expand the quality of our community through education, preparation, advocacy, collaboration, and enhancement to inspire individuals, families, and businesses to build a better District.
- It is a priority for me to listen to all of the citizens that represent District 66.”
- “Making Healthcare affordable to prevent the closure of our Rural Hospitals.
- Fully Funding Education to make sure that our children are receiving an adequate education and are able to compete globally.
- Economic Development: Ensuring that business friendly legislation is in place to protect our small business owners, and attract other businesses to our state.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.