Both of the candidates running in the Nov. 7, 2023, general election for Falcon School District 49 school board District 2 — Candace Lehmann (nonpartisan) and Debra Schmidt (nonpartisan) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Respect and Dignity- we all have different opinions on how things should work. But to solve the issues we must listen to all points of view with respect and dignity- divisiveness and discord cannot solve problems.
- Service- I will strive to advance District policy with an unwavering dedication to the holistic well-being and achievement of all students we are privileged to serve.
- Safety and Security- it is my priority to help District’s 49 administration fortify educational environments where students, teachers and staff can thrive without fear for their personal safety.”
- “I support better parent-school partnerships. We need to craft policies that strengthen parental involvement and decision making. …
- I support full transparency. Currently there are many programs and curricula that parents never see, or never see all of. …
- I believe schools need to teach core academics through the neutral lens of confirmed facts. … We can teach our students the failings of America as well as the best of America. We need an informed citizenry that is capable of self-governance. In order to accomplish these things the students need to be able to read and write.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.