All three candidates running in the Nov. 7, 2023, general election for Fairfax County Public Schools, Springfield District — Sandra Buck Anderson (nonpartisan), Peter Bixby-Eberhardt (nonpartisan), and Debra Anne Tisler (nonpartisan) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “We must increase staff retention across the board. … We cannot solve the problem of staff leaving teaching without asking them why. …
- Public school funding must stay in public education. … I will lean on my close relationships with local, state, and federal legislators and work closely with them to ensure they maintain FCPS funding.
- … I come from a communications background and look forward to using my experience to increase transparency and clear communication between the School Board and the Fairfax community.”
- “Improving and simplifying the IEP process
- Improving the health and food provided to our students and making it FREE
- Focusing on safety for students going to and from school as well as at school.”
- “Restore Academic Excellence
- Prioritize the Child Over the System
- Ensure Transparency and Parental Rights.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.