The filing deadline for the Arkansas Republican presidential primary passed on November 14, 2023. Nine candidates met the initial qualification criteria to appear on the March 5, 2024, ballot. In order to file, candidates had to submit paperwork to the secretary of state and state party, and pay a $25,000 filing fee to the state party.
The following candidates filed:
- Ryan Binkley
- North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum
- Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis
- Former U.N. Ambassador and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley
- Former Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Vivek Ramaswamy
- David Stuckenberg
- Former President Donald Trump
This is the sixth Republican presidential filing deadline that has passed. Binkley, Burgum, Christie, DeSantis, Haley, Ramaswamy, Stuckenberg, and Trump have all filed to participate in five or more nominating contests. See the chart below for an overview of the number of candidates who have filed in each Republican presidential primary contest.
The next Republican presidential primary filing deadline will take place on Nov. 30, 2023, in Florida.