Ballotpedia’s Economy & Society newsletter on Jan. 9 recapped the following top five noteworthy developments opposing ESG from 2023:
- Congressional Republicans opposed ESG
- States continued ESG pushback
- ESG entered presidential political conversations
- ESG investments lost popularity in the U.S. and U.K.
- ESG supporters stopped talking about the investing strategy
To read the full recap, click here.
Stay tuned for our breakdown of the biggest developments supporting ESG efforts in the Jan. 16 edition. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter.
Ballotpedia tracks support for and opposition to the environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) investing movement. To learn more about arguments for, against, and about ESG, click here. For more information on reform proposals related to ESG policy, click here.