Unless otherwise noted, you may republish our articles for free as long as you abide by our Creative Commons license and the following terms:
- Stories must be credited to Ballotpedia. This includes the byline credit which should generally appear as, “NAME OF AUTHOR, Ballotpedia” – for example, “Geoff Pallay, Ballotpedia”
- Stories must retain original language. You may not edit our content, except for minor updates. You may also make minor revisions for style or headline size, and you may trim stories for space. You must retain all original hyperlinks, including links to Ballotpedia.org or Ballotpedia News.
- Do not republish the photographs that accompany this piece without asking for permission.
- Do not sell advertisements on behalf of Ballotpedia. However, stories can appear on pages with ads you’ve already sold.
- Do not ask for donations on behalf of Ballotpedia or imply that donations to your organization support Ballotpedia.
- Do not sell or syndicate our content. This includes publishing or syndicating our work on platforms such as SmartNews or Apple News.
- Do not scrape our website or use our stories to populate websites designed to improve search rankings or gain revenue from network-based advertisements. Your website must also include prominent links to your about page and contact information.
- Do not systematically republish all of our articles, nor frame the content of our site.
- If you have additional questions or run into issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use this form.
- You can download a high-resolution Ballotpedia logo here.
If you are interested in receiving regular content from Ballotpedia, sign up to receive our newsletters here.