October 4, 2019: Joe Biden raised $15.2 million in the third quarter of 2019. CNN will not air two ads submitted by the Donald Trump campaign.
Previous campaign work:
- 2018 Richard Ojeda (D-W.V.) U.S. House campaign, political director and campaign manager
- 2010 Mike Oliverio (D-W.V.) U.S. House campaign, Eastern District assistant director
- 2019: People’s House Project, political director
- 2017: Virtual Global, Inc., strategic partnership manager
- 2011-2016: Strategic Health Resources, LLC, senior government relations associate
- 2015: AmeriCorps, West Virginia University Center for Service & Learning
What he says about Yang:
“Clearly the candidate, the teams message and our strategy are working very well and we are proud of it.”
“This isn’t just about Biden’s age—it’s about ours, and the tension between a vast cohort of Baby Boomers who have trained themselves to believe they’re only as old as they feel and a couple of impatient generations lined up behind them, wondering when they’re going to get a chance to take over. And yet it’s about far more than simply a number next to a name. Our sense of who is old in this primary has become entwined with our appetite for bold and new ideas. All three of the top-polling Democrats, after all, are in their 70s, but it’s Biden, the centrist who advocates for a return to a pre-Trump time, who is getting dinged the most for his advanced age—not Elizabeth Warren, who wants ‘big, structural change’ and turned 70 in June. Up until this week when he had to have two heart stents implanted, neither was Bernie Sanders, who continues to call for his ‘revolution’ and is in fact the oldest of the lot.”
– Michael Kruse, Politico senior staff writer
Bennet released his third ad in Iowa Thursday promoting Medicare X. It is part of a $1 million ad campaign.
Biden is launching a $6 million ad campaign that will air on YouTube, Hulu, and other streaming services, and broadcast television in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina.
Biden announced he raised $15.2 million in the third quarter of 2019, down from $22 million in the second quarter.
Booker will campaign in Iowa for three days beginning Sunday.
In an op-ed published by CNN.com, Bullock called for restricting the start of campaign activity until halfway through an elected official’s term and requiring leftover funds to be donated so that all candidates start at zero in the next campaign.
O’Rourke will campaign in Arizona Sunday with stops in Phoenix and Tucson.
Bernie Sanders will be discharged from the hospital before the end of the weekend following a medical procedure, according to a statement from his wife, Jane Sanders. He is expected to participate in the October presidential debate.
- Joe Walsh sent an open letter to U.S. House Republicans Thursday calling on them to support the impeachment inquiry.
What We’re Reading
- The Washington Post: How Clinton and Trump can’t seem to quit each other
Flashback: October 4, 2015
Donald Trump discussed his tax proposal, gun regulation, and government cuts in an interview on ABC’s The Week.