The filing deadline to run for elected office in Pennsylvania is on February 18, 2020. In Pennsylvania, prospective candidates may file for the following federal and state offices:
• 18 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives
• State auditor general, attorney general, and treasurer
• 25 seats in the Pennsylvania State Senate and 203 seats in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
The primary is scheduled for April 28, and the general election is scheduled for November 3, 2020.
Pennsylvania’s filing deadline is the 13th to take place in the 2020 election cycle. The next statewide filing deadline is on March 2 in Nebraska.
Pennsylvania has a divided government, and no political party holds a state government trifecta. A trifecta exists when one political party simultaneously holds the governor’s office and both state legislative chambers.
Click here to learn more.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania, 2020
- Pennsylvania state executive official elections, 2020
- Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2020
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives elections, 2020