Super Tuesday is on March 3, and 10 states are holding statewide primaries. Of those 10 states, three—Alabama, North Carolina, and Texas—are conducting primaries for state executive offices. The state executive offices up for primary include:
• Public Service Commissioner
• State Board of Education: Four seats on the board are up for election in 2020, but a primary contest is being held for the District 5 seat only. The primaries for Districts 1, 3, and 7 were canceled after the Democratic and/or Republican primary candidate for each district ran unopposed; these candidates advanced directly to the general election scheduled for November 3.
• Lieutenant Governor
• Attorney General
• Secretary of State
• Superintendent of Public Instruction
• Commissioner of Agriculture
• Commissioner of Labor
• Commissioner of Insurance
• Texas Railroad Commissioner
• State Board of Education (8 seats)
Winners of the primaries in all three states will advance to the general election on November 3, 2020.
Click here to learn more about 2020 state executive official elections.