The major-party filing deadline to run for elected office in Montana passed on March 9. That deadline was followed up on March 10 by filing deadlines in New Mexico and Oregon. Candidates running in Idaho, Iowa, and Nevada have until March 13 to file. Prospective candidates could file for the following offices:
- U.S. Senate seats in Idaho, Iowa, Montana, New Mexico, and Oregon
- U.S. House seats in all six states
- State executive offices in Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, and Oregon
- State legislative seats in all six states
- State supreme court seats in all six states
- Intermediate appellate court seats in Idaho, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, and Oregon
Ballotpedia is also covering local elections in parts of Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, and Oregon.
Primaries in Idaho and Oregon are being held on May 19. Iowa, Montana, and New Mexico are holding primaries on June 2. Nevada has its primary on June 9.
After these six filing deadlines, 21 states will have held statewide filing deadlines in the 2020 election cycle. The next statewide filing deadline is on March 16 in Maine.