The major party filing deadline to run for elected office in Michigan is on April 21, 2020, and the filing deadline to run for certain local judicial offices in Florida is on April 24.
In Michigan, prospective candidates may file for the following state offices:
• State Board of Education (2 seats)
• University of Michigan Board of Regents (2 seats)
• Michigan State University Board of Trustees (2 seats)
• Wayne State University Board of Governors (2 seats)
• Michigan House of Representatives (all 110 seats)
• Michigan House of Representatives District 4 special election
Ballotpedia is also covering local elections in Wayne County, Michigan.
Prospective candidates in Florida may file for the following offices:
• Orange County: Public Defender and State Attorney
• Jacksonville: 4th Circuit Court judges (12 seats) and Duval County Court judges (5 seats)
In 2020, Florida will also hold retention elections for one seat on the Florida Supreme Court and 23 seats on the Florida District Court of Appeals. The filing deadline to run for state legislative offices in Florida is June 12, 2020.
The Michigan primary is scheduled for August 4, and the Florida primary is scheduled for August 18. The general election in both states is scheduled for November 3.
Michigan and Florida’s statewide filing deadlines are the 35th and 36th to take place in the 2020 election cycle.
Florida local trial court judicial elections, 2020
Michigan elections, 2020