The statewide primary for Nebraska is on May 12, 2020. In reaction to the coronavirus pandemic, every eligible voter received an absentee ballot application by mail. In-person locations are expected to remain open as planned. The filing deadline to run passed on March 2.
- U.S. Senate (1 seat)
- U.S. House (3 seats)
- Public Service Commissioner
- State Board of Regents (2 seats)
- State Board of Education (4 seats)
- State Senate (25 seats)
- State Supreme Court (2 seats)
- State Court of Appeals (2 seats)
- Douglas County
- Lancaster County
- Westside Community Schools
Candidates are competing to advance to the general election scheduled for November 3, 2020.
Nebraska’s primary is the ninth statewide primary to take place in the 2020 election cycle. The next primary is on May 19 in Oregon.