The statewide primary election for Oregon is on May 19, 2020. The filing deadline to run passed on March 10. Candidates are running in elections for the following offices:
• Secretary of State
• Attorney General
• 16 seats in the Oregon State Senate
• All 60 seats in the Oregon House of Representatives
• Three Oregon Supreme Court justices
• Four Oregon Court of Appeals justices
• Ballotpedia is also covering local elections in Portland and Multnomah County.
Candidates are competing to advance to the general election scheduled for November 3, 2020.
Oregon exclusively uses a vote-by-mail system. Voters may return their ballots to the office of the county clerk by mail or in person. Because of this system, there is no need for explicit absentee or early voting procedures.
Oregon’s primary is the 10th statewide primary to take place in the 2020 election cycle. The next statewide primaries will be held on June 2 in the following states:
• New Mexico
• South Dakota