|May 15, 2020: Biden said voters who believe Tara Reade shouldn’t vote for him. Trump tweeted his thanks to what he called his “great keyboard warriors.”
Ballotpedia is monitoring changes made to election dates and procedures in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Each Friday, we highlight a presidential candidate’s key campaign staffer.
Lara Trump is a Republican staffer with experience in digital media and political communication. Trump graduated from North Carolina State University with a degree in communications and from the French Culinary Institute in New York with a degree in pastry arts. She is married to President Donald Trump’s son, Eric Trump.
Previous campaign work:
- 2016 Donald Trump presidential campaign, Women’s Empowerment Tour speaker
- 2017-2018: Giles-Parscale Inc., Trump Tower liaison
- 2012-2016: Inside Edition, story coordinator and producer
What she says about Donald Trump: “While Washington career politicians & Joe Biden have paid lip service to the American worker & their families for generations, @realDonaldTrump is following through on his promises to support the backbone of America-the American working family.”
Notable Quote of the Day
“After Sanders’ campaign ended, he held a call with thousands of volunteers and allowed groups that endorsed him to make a pitch to them. He also posted on his website a list of groups that he encouraged supporters to join, including the Democratic Socialists of America and Our Revolution.
But many of Sanders’ former aides and allies said they want more direction. …
Some former aides see Sanders as personally uninterested in managing a legacy grassroots group and unfamiliar with some of the technical details of his 2020 operation’s infrastructure. …
[Sanders campaign manager Faiz Shakir] said that because the left lacks the institutional infrastructure that moderate Democrats have at their disposal, progressives sometimes expect Sanders to shoulder all of the burden.
‘You cannot ask a candidate who had a campaign to be the kind of long-term solution for this,’ Shakir said.”
– Holly Otterbein, Politico
- During an interview on MSNBC, Joe Biden said regarding sexual assault allegations from a former staffer, “If [voters] believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn’t vote for me. I wouldn’t vote for me if I believed Tara Reade.”
- Biden hosted a virtual roundtable with Govs. Gretchen Whitmer (D-Mich.), Phil Murphy (D-N.J.) & Ned Lamont (D-Conn.) on the impact of COVID-19.
- Donald Trump tweeted, “Thank you to all of my great Keyboard Warriors. You are better, and far more brilliant, than anyone on Madison Avenue (Ad Agencies). There is nobody like you!”
- While visiting Allentown, Pa., Trump said, “We have to get your governor of Pennsylvania to start opening up a little bit. … You have areas of Pennsylvania that are barely affected and they want to keep them closed, you can’t do that.”
What We’re Reading
Flashback: May 15, 2016
At a rally in Fort Mitchell, Ky., Hillary Clinton (D) said she would put her husband, former President Bill Clinton (D), “in charge of revitalizing the economy, ’cause you know he knows how to do it. … And especially in places like coal country and inner cities and other parts of our country that have really been left out.”