Ballotpedia has published a series of articles outlining voting requirements and attendant deadlines for the Nov. 3 general election. These pages include comprehensive information on the following topics:
• Voter ID requirements
• Absentee/mail-in voting eligibility requirements and deadlines
• Early voting dates
• Voter registration requirements and deadlines
• State laws governing time off from work for voting
• Election results certification dates
• Official state election websites
This information is provided for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the five permanently inhabited U.S. territories. The data is presented using interactive tables. These tables can be searched and sorted by several criteria.
As states and localities begin their election preparations in earnest, there is ongoing debate and litigation surrounding several of these topics. It is therefore possible that the voting provisions outlined in these articles might change further as Nov. 3 approaches. Ballotpedia will be tracking these developments in detail and updating our articles to reflect any changes that might be implemented.