The statewide spring primary for Wisconsin is on February 16, 2021. The filing deadline to run passed on January 5. If two or fewer candidates filed for each seat on the ballot, the primary was canceled and the candidates automatically advanced to the general election scheduled for April 6.
Wisconsin’s spring elections feature nonpartisan offices, and the fall elections feature partisan offices. However, two partisan state legislative special elections are on the otherwise-nonpartisan ballot. Wisconsin State Senate District 13 became vacant on January 1 after Scott Fitzgerald (R) was elected to the U.S. House. State Assembly District 89 became vacant on December 2, 2020, after John Nygren (R) resigned his seat to work in the private sector.
Candidates are also running in the nonpartisan election for the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Ballotpedia is also covering local primaries in the following areas:
• Dane County (1 seats)
• Milwaukee County (2 seats)
• Madison (3 seats)
• Middleton-Cross Plains Board of Education (1 seat)
• Milwaukee Board of School Directors (2 seats)
The general election ballot will feature more offices, including three state appellate court seats.
- Wisconsin state legislative special elections, 2021
- Wisconsin Superintendent of Public Instruction election, 2021
- United States municipal elections, 2021
- Wisconsin school board elections, 2021