The municipal primary elections in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Richmond in Virginia are scheduled for June 8. Candidates are competing to advance to the general election scheduled for Nov. 2.
The filing deadline to run for major party candidates passed on March 25. For minor party and independent candidates, the filing deadline is Aug. 13. Primary elections are canceled for offices where only one candidate from a party filed to run.
Candidates filed to run for:
• Commonwealth’s attorney
• Commissioner of revenue (for Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake only)
Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Richmond are the top four largest cities by population in Virginia. In the United States, they are the 39th-, 80th-, 90th-, and 100th-largest cities, respectively.
- City elections in Virginia Beach, Virginia (2021)
- City elections in Norfolk, Virginia (2021)
- City elections in Chesapeake, Virginia (2021)
- City elections in Richmond, Virginia (2021)