Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for California State Assembly District 11 —incumbent Lori Wilson (D) and Jenny Callison (I)— completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office..
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls both chambers of California’s state legislature. California is one of 14 states with a Democratic trifecta government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Housing: […] As Mayor, I built a diverse housing portfolio, from affordable to high-end housing, building near transit centers to reduce commutes, and so young families can build roots in the area.”
- “Healthcare & Mental Health: I’ll fight for investments in mental health, and will expand affordable health coverage to make sure everyone in California has access to the care they need.”
- “Quality of Life: I’ll look for ways to improve the quality of life for everyone, from education, climate, childcare, etc.”
- “Our young people deserve the best education available in 2022. I support school choice and parent choice.”
- “I want to prioritize mental health and improve access to mental health care services for all.”
- “Housing affordability and homelessness worsened in recent years. I hope to collaborate with public and private organizations to implement effective change.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.