Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Illinois House of Representatives District 13 — Hoan Huynh (D) and Alper Turan (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls both chambers of Illinois’s state legislature. Illinois is one of 14 states with a Democratic trifecta government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Everyone one of us in our communities must be safe from crime”
- “Housing and healthcare are human rights”
- “We must support our small businesses”
- “ILLINOIS HAS THE HIGHEST TOTAL STATE AND LOCAL TAX RATES ON A MEDIAN U.S. HOUSEHOLD, AT 15.1%.”
- “Our students and parents deserve better. We need to implement and expand the school choice policy across the state.”
- “The rise of violent crime in our largest city, Chicago, is getting out of hand, while our politicians are more talk and less action.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Illinois House of Representatives election, 2022