Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 115 — Lindsey Prather (D) and Pratik Bhakta (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of North Carolina’s state legislature. North Carolina is one of 13 states with a divided government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Public education is essential to our democracy”
- “Good government shouldn’t be taken for granted- ethics, transparency, hard work”
- “Our health and the health of our environment are closely tied”
- “Serving the Public”
- “Family Values”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- North Carolina House of Representatives election, 2022