Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Texas House of Representatives District 100— Venton Jones (D) and Joe Roberts (L) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Texas’s state legislature. Texas is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “I was born and raised in the House District.”
- “My work will continue to focus on serving low and middle-income communities, and those individuals with the highest rates of unresolved health disparities.”
- “I am prepared to fully serve our district and bring much-needed lived and professional experience to serve in this seat for the long term.”
- “I am the only ‘anti-mandate’ candidate on the ballot this November. I will fight in Austin to make sure that the jobs and businesses of Texans are protected from being ruined by over-reaching ’emergency mandates.'”
- “I will lead the fight to end our expensive, oppressive prison system by decriminalizing marijuana and other “victimless” crimes. Non-violent drug offenders should not be incarcerated, and limited police resources should be directed to true threats to our safety.”
- “I support Texas becoming an immigrant-friendly state. Peaceful people from other countries should be allowed to come here without all the expensive ‘red tape,’ and they should be able to work and create economic value for everyone.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Texas House of Representatives election, 2022