Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Nevada State Senate District 12 — Julie Pazina (D) and Cherlyn Arrington (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls both chambers of Nevada’s state legislature. Nevada is one of 14 states with a Democratic trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Creating Jobs, Diversifying the Economy”
- “Ensuring Accessible and Affordable Health Care”
- “World Class Education for Nevada’s Students”
- “EDUCATION – SCHOOL CHOICE – QUALITY EDUCATION – NO COMMOM CORE…”
- “MEDICAL FREEDOM – GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT TELL US WE MUST HAVE A SHOT TO WORK AND PROVIDE FOR OUR FAMILIES…”
- “STAND STRONG WITH OUR LAW ENFORCMENT AND FIRST RESPONDERS…”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.