Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Michigan House of Representatives District 79 —Kimberly Kennedy-Barrington (D) and Angela Rigas (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Michigan’s state legislature. Michigan is one of 13 states under divided government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Body Autonomy and Reproductive Rights. A person’s right to choose when and how they reproduce is fundamental to the quality of their life.”
- “Support of Our Veterans. Michigan must ensure streamlined services and access to resources and benefits for those who have chosen to serve their Country.”
- “Economic Fairness. Redistributing the wealth to empower the backbone of our economy which is Small Businesses.”
- “Restoring the proper role of government to We the People.”
- “Uphold and defend the Constitution as written.”
- “Ensuring the rule of law is upheld and those who break it are held responsible.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.