Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for West Virginia House of Delegates District 45—Christian Martine (D) and Eric Brooks (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of West Virginia’s state legislature. West Virginia is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What areas of public policy are you personally passionate about?
- “Help West Virginia businesses thrive and create good paying jobs that bolster our economy and keep young people in-state.”
- “Reduce the cost of prescription drugs and ensure that all West Virginians can afford the medication that they need.”
- “Invest in our schools and educators, give our teachers and support personnel a fair wage and provide our kids with the resources they need to succeed.”
- “Pro-2nd Amendment”
- “Pro-School Choice”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- West Virginia House of Delegates election, 2022