Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Missouri House of Representatives District 140 — Amy Freeland (D) and Jamie Ray Gragg (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Missouri’s state legislature. Missouri is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Public education is under attack in our county, from book banning to the ‘school choice’ movement (funneling public tax dollars into private schools).”
- “Everyone deserves quality, affordable healthcare. I support lowering health insurance and prescription drug costs, expanding employer-provided health coverage, funding local hospitals, and expanding Medicaid enrollment.”
- “I will support our economy by prioritizing local businesses and workers’ rights above corporate interests.”
- “I am the only PRO-LIFE candidate running for this office. Life DOES begin at conception and we as humans cannot second guess God’s plan when He creates that life.”
- “I am the only PRO 2A candidate running for this office. Our rights to protect ourselves, our family and others needs to be protected.”
- “As a Constitutional Conservative, I will do all I can do to protect your God given and Constitutionally supported individual rights.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Missouri House of Representatives elections, 2022