Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Granite School District Precinct VI in Utah — incumbent Karyn Hermansen Winder and Yvette Romero — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Granite school district website, the Granite Board of Education “holds public meetings once or twice monthly to establish district policies, approve purchases and budgets, receive reports from district administrators, approve administrative appointments, and conduct other business.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “THE KIDS- I will continue to support quality education for our students. They are my top priority.”
- “PARENTS & TAX PAYERS- I will continue to support parental and community involvement in our classrooms, as well as maximizing precious tax dollars.”
- “TEACHERS & SUPPORT STAFF- Granite School District has the best employees around, and I want to support all on our team to do the best job they can.”
- “Proud Granite District graduate who has lived the same challenges many students face.”
- “Educator and Social Worker with 15 years of experience ensuring access, promoting equity, and fostering a sense of belonging for everyone.”
- “Priorities focused on our collective recovery from COVID, mental health resources, community engagement, and renewable energy.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.