Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Minnesota State Senate District 4 — Rob Kupec (D) and Dan Bohmer (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls the senate in Minnesota’s state legislature. Minnesota is one of 13 states with a divided government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What areas of public policy are you personally passionate about?
- “Ensure that all children have access to quality education from pre-K to college.”
- “Increase access to quality health care in rural communities to help seniors stay in their homes and ensure our small towns thrive.”
- “Protect family farms, which are vital to our economy and food systems.”
- “We must address the high taxes we face.”
- “Public safety is critical”
- “We need to reign in the bureaucratic overreach we faced over the past 2+ years”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
Minnesota State Senate elections, 2022