Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Oklahoma House of Representatives District 79 — incumbent Melissa Provenzano (D) and Paul Hassink (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Oklahoma’s state legislature. Oklahoma is one of 23 states with a Republican party trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Legislator. Educator. Bipartisan Problem Solver.”
- “Education is the rising tide that lifts all ships.”
- “Proven track record of solving constituent issues, reaching across the aisle to get problems solved and bills passed”
- “As an experienced businessman, I understand the how to build a strong economy that supports education, jobs, and infrastructure.”
- “As a lifelong Christian, I am grounded in conservative values.”
- “I have lived my life based on the belief that each of us is created in the image and likeness of God.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.