Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Texas Third District Court of Appeals Seat 4 — Rosa Lopez Theofanis (D) and Lesli Fitzpatrick (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Texas Courts website, the third district court of appeals has “intermediate appellate jurisdiction in both civil and criminal cases appealed from district or county courts.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “I am running as ‘A Justice for All,’ a platform of fairness and due process for all in the courts of appeals.”
- “I am the candidate with the most relevant experience, having successfully handled more than 100 appeals.”
- “Appeals have an enormous impact on the lives of individuals and on our community as a whole.”
- “Will follow the rule of law.”
- “Will follow the Constitution.”
- “Will not legislate from the bench.”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.