Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Missouri House of Representatives District 65 — Eric Nowicki (D) and Wendy Hausman (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Missouri’s state legislature. Missouri is one of 23 states with a Republican party trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Lower Taxes: I want to focus on lowering or removing the sales tax, which each person pays equally but has a greater effect on lower income families the most we all need food and toilet paper.”
- “Lower Utility Costs: Utility costs continue to increase for all Missourians, which means less money in your pocket every day.”
- “Elderly Assistance and Caregiver Support: Taking care of the elderly among us has increasingly become the responsibility of their children and this has caused great strain on families as they juggle careers, kids and taking care of parents.”
- “As a conservative, I will stand strong against burdening tax payers with over taxation practices. Missouri has more money on hand than ever before. I will work hard to push back against the Biden economy that is steering us into a recession, by lowering Missouri taxes.”
- “As a legislator, I will continue to encourage small business growth by removing regulations which interfere with expansion and continue to improve workforce development throughout our state.”
- “I will stand strong to defend and protect the Constitution including the 2nd amendment”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.