Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for California State Senate District 4 — Maria Alvarado-Gil (D) and Tim Robertson (D) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls both chambers of California’s state legislature. California is one of 14 states with a Democratic trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Protect Your Paycheck by Opposing Taxes, Lowering Gas Prices and Addressing Inflation”
- “Keep You Safe through Wildlife Prevention and Suppression and Justice for Victims”
- “Protecting the Sierra and Central Valley Way of Life, Representing Our Values, Securing our Water Supply and Bringing Better Education Opportunities”
- “I’ll work with anyone, regardless of party, to get to the root causes of our biggest problems — lack of jobs, affordability, health care, and education — and change the status quo.”
- “Create jobs with benefits and expand technical and skilled education opportunities for local students.”
- “Enhance public safety, including hiring more police officers who reflect the communities they serve, fund crime prevention efforts and fund a plan to mitigate and suppress wildfires.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.