Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Massachusetts House of Representatives 9th Norfolk District — Kevin Kalkut (D) and Marcus Vaughn (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls both chambers of Massachusetts’ state legislature. Massachusetts is one of 13 states under a divided government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Once-in-a-Generation levels of investment are being made at the federal level in our communities through relief and infrastructure programs.”
- “The preservation of the natural characteristics of this district needs to be balanced against the growing need for affordable housing options.”
- “Our schools and educational systems have supported our children through impossible conditions.”
- “Protect Your Tax Dollars”
- “Defend Public Safety”
- “Promote Local Buisnesses”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.