Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for New Hampshire House of Representative Hillsborough 45 — Karen Calabro (D) and Colton Skorupan (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of New Hampshire’s state legislature. New Hampshire is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Economic Stability: In order for people to find stability in their lives, they need to have economic stability.”
- “Experience/Educational expansion- part of financial stability lies in having the right experience for the job.”
- “Freedom/Constitutional rights and Personal freedoms: there are few things more important than our State Constitution, and the rights it provides us.”
- “Freedom First. When contemplating any legislation, individual freedom has intrinsic value that must be weighed”
- “Ballot and voting integrity are primary for the basic function of a republic”
- “The Constitution exists as a rulebook that protects us all. Follow it or amend it, but never ignore it.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- New Hampshire House of Representative elections, 2022