Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Gavilan Joint Community College District Board of Trustees Area 7 in California —incumbent Irma Gonzalez and Jose Martinez-Saldana — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Gavilan community college website, “the Board of Trustees is responsible for setting policy for the District. Registered voters in geographical divisions elect the seven Board members for four-year terms.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Advocating for Quality Education”
- “Advocating for Student Success.”
- “Just In Time Mobile Food Pantry”
- “My priority is and has always been student success. So I commit to do everything possible to expand access to Gavilan College for SBC residents and work with district and community leaders to upgrade district instructional facilities.”
- “I want to see Gavilan continue on a path to fiscal health.”
- “I will work hard to build effective and productive collaborative partneships that will place the District’s service to the community as the guiding principle.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Municipal elections in Santa Clara County, California, 2022