Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Florida House of Representatives District 47 — Anthony Nieves (D) and Paula Stark (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Republican Party controls both chambers of Florida’s state legislature. Florida is one of 23 states with a Republican trifecta.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “I am a lifelong ultra progressive member of the Democratic Party and founding year member of the Working Families Party.”
- “I strongly support aggressive criminal justice reform that includes the decriminalization of cannabis related offenses, and voting rights restoration.”
- “I support universal healthcare for all, and free college for all.”
- “Managing growth and Infrastructure needs”
- “Attracting Higher paying Jobs while promoting education through trade opportunities”
- “Supporting First Responder and Veteran services”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.