Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for Palomar Health District Board of Directors Division 1 in San Diego, California — incumbent Micheal Pacheco and Robin Joy Maxson — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
According to the Palomar health website, board members are responsible for “oversight and implementation of policies and monitoring of the organization’s performance in the establishment of strategic direction, financial stewardship, quality outcomes and leadership of the Healthcare District.”
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Representation for all and have your voice heard about your community’s health care needs.”
- “Continue to expand vital and specialty services needs to everyone in the San Diego region.”
- “Provide accessible behavioral health services to those in need and their families.”
- “I am running to represent the traditionally underserved areas of District 1. My community service has been devoted to the unique needs of our families.”
- “I live in the District and it’s important to all of our families that our two hospitals in Escondido and Poway are safe, modern and financially viable into the future.”
- “I am concerned about the nurse-to-patient ratio. AB 394 codified into law the ratio of nurses to patients. The Emergency Department should be running with 1 nurse for every 4 patients.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.
- Races with a 100% Candidate Connection completion rate, 2022
- Municipal elections in San Diego County, California, 2022