Elections for all 80 seats in the California State Assembly took place on Nov. 8, 2022. Democrats held a 62-17 majority heading into the election.
Committee chair fundraising
State legislative committee chairs set a committee’s legislative agenda. Some committee chairs raise significantly more money than their non-chair counterparts in the state legislature. The average amount raised by delegates who did not serve as a committee chair was $1,058,009. The funds raised by each of the Assembly’s five committee chairs are shown below.
- Appropriations Committee – Chris Holden – $1,132,475
- Budget Committee – Phil Ting – $2,459,189
- Climate Change Policies Committee – Al Muratsuchi – $522,764
- Health Committee – Jim Wood – $858,343
- Local Government Committee – Cecilia Aguiar-Curry – $948,817
The data above are based on campaign finance reports that active California PACs submitted to the California Secretary of State. Political expenditures that are not controlled by candidates or their campaigns, known as satellite spending, are not included in candidate totals. Federal PACs are not required to report to state agencies. Transparency USA publishes campaign finance data following major reporting deadlines.