Both of the candidates running in the April 4, 2023, general election for Denver City auditor—Incumbent Tim O’Brien (nonpartisan) and Erik Clarke (nonpartisan)—completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: “Please list below 3 key messages of your campaign. What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?“
- “I AM QUALIFIED • Certified Public Accountant • Designation of Chartered Financial Analyst • Designation of Chartered Global Management Accountant
- I AM EXPERIENCED • Denver Auditor for7+ years; Colorado State Auditor for 11+ years • Over 40 years of auditing and accounting • Produced over 1,100 audits where my name is at the top of the letterhead and my signature at the end of the report
- I AM INDEPENDENT • Free from any conflicts of interest • Has intellectual honesty • Always maintains an attitude of impartiality.”
- “Erik has a record of success on issues that matter to Denver residents, like combatting homelessness, opportunity for all, public safety, healthcare, and construction oversight.
- Erik has a plan to modernize the Denver Auditor’s Office and focus on driving results.
- Erik is an experienced professional in the field who will bring new leadership and fresh ideas to this office.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.