Both of the candidates running in the June 6, 2023, Republican primary election for New Jersey General Assembly District 5 — Joe Miller and Yalinda Pagan — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Joe stands for individual freedom and success.
- Miller believes that your financial earnings belong to no one but yourself and your family.
- Joe supports limited government interference in our day-to-day lives.”
- “Parental rights are to be protected and not stripped away by government.
- I fully support a limited government and individual liberty.
- Our children’s education needs to be age appropriate and factual.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.