Both of the candidates running in the Nov. 7, 2023, general election for Adams 12 Five Star Schools Board of Education District 1 — Incumbent Lori Goldstein (nonpartisan) and Ken Murphy-Montoya (nonpartisan) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Ensure that all Adams 12 schools are safe and secure learning environments for students and staff.
- Hire and retain world-class educators and strengthen the positive relationships between parents and educators to create great learning outcomes for kids.
- Expand access to career and technical education and STEM throughout the district, broaden college pathways, and increase the number of career-ready graduates.”
- “Making sure every student has access to outstanding traditional, charter, and STEM/CTE educational choices.
- Creating a secure, safe environment for our staff and children.
- Building stronger relationships between our district and community to make sure our tax dollars are spent wisely.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.