Both of the candidates running in the Nov. 7, 2023, general election for Kentucky State Treasurer — Michael Bowman (D) and Mark Metcalf (R) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Increase Accountability and Transparency in State Government
- Improve Financial Literacy
- Advocate for Innovative Policy Solutions That Grow Our Economy, Create Jobs, and Save Us Money.”
- “I am running for Kentucky State Treasurer to protect Kentucky’s revenues and pension funds from being stolen by woke corporations.
- I am [running] for Kentucky State Treasurer [to] return over $800 million to the rightful owners.
- I am running for Kentucky State Treasurer [to] fix the pension problem and assure every County in Kentucky has up to date computer software and hardware to service their systems.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.