Both of the candidates running in the Nov. 7, 2023, general election for New York City Council District 38 — Incumbent Alexa Aviles (D, Working Families Party) and Paul Rodriguez (R, Conservative Party) — completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Here are the candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “People over Profit: … We must, as a government, fully invest in healthcare, quality education, housing and creating opportunities for our communities to thrive.
- Quality Education for all: … The best investment is ensuring our community’s educational institutions receive the full support to ensure all students succeed.
- Safe, Affordable Housing for all: … We must change the policies that undermine social housing and invest in it to ensure people are safely housed.”
- “Make neighborhoods safe again
- Expand educational choice and opportunities
- Improve Quality of Life.”
Click on the candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.