Ballotpedia’s Economy & Society newsletter on Jan. 16 recapped the following top five noteworthy developments supporting ESG from 2023:
- Congressional Democrats defended ESG
- California enacted corporate climate disclosure requirements
- Europe continued to support ESG
- ESG regulations became more uniform
- Supporters pushed back against ESG opposition in court
Ballotpedia tracks support for and opposition to the environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) investing movement. To learn more about arguments for, against, and about ESG, click here. For more information on reform proposals related to ESG policy, click here.