Both of the candidates running in the November 8, 2022, general election for California State Assembly District 28 —Gail Pellerin (D) and Liz Lawler (R)— completed Ballotpedia’s Candidate Connection survey. These survey responses allow voters to hear directly from candidates about what motivates them to run for office.
Eighty-eight of the country’s 99 state legislative chambers will hold regularly scheduled elections in 2022. The Democratic Party controls both chambers of California’s state legislature. California is one of 14 states with a Democratic trifecta government.
Here are excerpts from candidates’ responses to the question: What are the main points you want voters to remember about your goals for your time in office?
- “Tackling the Housing Shortage and Homelessness”
- “Stimulating Jobs, Wages and our Economy”
- “Addressing Environmental Impacts and Climate Change”
- “Time to restore common sense, accountability and cooperation to Sacramento”
- “We must prioritize the safety of law abiding residents an and victims over criminals”
- “Every child deserves a good education at the school of the parents’ choosing, regardless of their circumstances”
Click on candidates’ profile pages below to read their full responses to this and other questions.
We ask all federal, state, and local candidates with profiles on Ballotpedia to complete a survey and share what motivates them on political and personal levels. Ask the candidates in your area to fill out the survey.